Friday, January 11, 2019

Female Ranchers Are Reclaiming the American West

My grandmother (left), working the ranch near Tucumcari, circa 1915.
(NYTimes) … the brothers, sons and grandsons who would have historically inherited a family ranch have, in the last decade, opted to pursue less gritty work.
As a result, in 2012, 14 percent of the nation’s 2.1 million farms had a female proprietor, according to the United States Department of Agriculture.
That ratio may rise, as over half the farms and ranches in the United States are expected to change hands over the next 20 years. Continued

5 comments:

  1. Excellent, what a blog it is! This weblog gives useful data to us, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting!
    I seriously enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.
    I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back at some point.
    I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great
    writing, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not my first time to go to see this site, i am browsing this site dailly and obtain nice data from here everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its such as you read my thoughts! You seem to know so
    much about this, such as you wrote the book in it or something.

    I believe that you simply can do with a few percent to power the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is
    magnificent blog. A great read. I'll certainly be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and
    it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to
    suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.
    Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I desire to read even more things about it!

    ReplyDelete