Monday, August 6, 2018

Grain and a train

 
Hart, Texas is surrounded by green pastures and still waters. I imagine it was a pretty good place to homestead. My great grandfather's brother settled nearby in Happy, Texas. Grandpa settled in Tucumcari. They both did alright.
Hart is on the Lubbock & Western Railway, formerly the West Texas & Lubbock, before that the Seagraves Whiteface & Lubbock, and before that the South Plains & Santa Fe. Regardless of the name, the little granger line has been faithfully serving the area's farms and ranches for over a century.

9 comments:

  1. Hello every one, here every person is sharing these knowledge,
    therefore it's good to read this webpage, and I used to
    visit this weblog every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting.
    I wonder how much effort you set to create the sort of great informative site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of driving, a lot of dinners at Allsup's.

      Delete
  3. It's wonderful that you are getting thoughts from this article
    as well as from our discussion made at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Neat post. There's an issue with your web
    site in web explorer, might test this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a large component
    to folks will pass over your wonderful writing because of this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody?
    This article posted at this site is truly nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post's to be exactly what I'm
    looking for. Does one offer guest writers to write content to suit
    your needs? I wouldn't mind creating a post
    or elaborating on some of the subjects you write about here.
    Again, awesome web site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, just comments. You should start your own blog, it's free and easy.

      Delete