Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Wilbur Scoville

(Wikipedia) Wilbur Lincoln Scoville (January 22, 1865 – March 10, 1942) was an American pharmacist best known for his creation of the "Scoville Organoleptic Test", now standardized as the Scoville scale. He devised the test and scale in 1912 while working at the Parke-Davis pharmaceutical company to measure pungency, "spiciness" or "heat", of various chili peppers.
... In 1922, Scoville won the Ebert prize from the American Pharmaceutical Association and in 1929 he received the Remington Honor Medal. Scoville also received an honorary Doctor of Science from Columbia University in 1929. Continued

5 comments:

  1. Hi I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here
    now and would just like to say thanks for a fantastic post and
    a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through
    it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read much more,
    Please do keep up the awesome b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also go to see this web
    site on regular basis to take updated from hottest news update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, always i used to check web site
    posts here in the early hours in the dawn, for the reason that i like to learn more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in fact pleased to read this weblog posts which carries plenty of useful facts, thanks for providing such information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello to every one, it's in fact a good for me to go to see this website, it contains
    precious Information.

    ReplyDelete