Saturday, February 16, 2019

How Wild Was Wild Bill Hickok? A Biographer Separates Life From Legend

(NYTimes) … In one such pencil-sketched interlude, we watch Hickok umpire an early baseball game between the Kansas City Antelopes and the Atchison Pomeroys. Hickok’s steadying presence is needed because the previous contest had ended in fisticuffs and a Kansas City headline that read “The Town Is Disgraced!”
Hickok crouches behind home plate; his single-action Colt six-shooters, famously worn cavalry-style with their butts jutting forward, dangle from their holsters. The Antelopes win by the astonishing score of 48-28. Continued

4 comments:

  1. Superb site you have here but I was curious if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed here?
    I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get opinions from other experienced
    individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let
    me know. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaa, its fastidious dialogue concerning this post at this place at this weblog, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting
    at this place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter if some one searches for his vital thing, so he/she desires
    to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid that I am much too irascible for social networks or guest posting.

    ReplyDelete