Monday, August 13, 2018

Annie Oakley


(Wikipedia) Annie Oakley (born Phoebe Ann Mosey; August 13, 1860 – November 3, 1926) was an American sharpshooter and exhibition shooter.
Her "amazing talent" first came to light when she was 15 years old, when she won a shooting match with traveling-show marksman Frank E. Butler, whom she eventually married. The couple joined Buffalo Bill's Wild West show a few years later.
Oakley became a renowned international star, performing before royalty and heads of state. Continued

3 comments:

  1. Hey There. I discovered your blog using msn. This is a really neatly written article.
    I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of
    your useful info. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MSN got me into computing. Back in the day, they'd give you a free computer just for using their ISP for two years. I think they got more poor people into computing than the Gov ever did.

      Delete
  2. Hello, I check your blog like every week.
    Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete