Friday, July 27, 2018

County government comes to a new area of the Panhandle

Conner's T Anchor Ranch.
(Texas Day by Day) On this day in 1888, Randall County was organized. It had first been settled by Lincoln Guy Conner and his wife, who moved their cattle to the vast Palo Duro Canyon area in the Panhandle.
The Conners bought their land for three dollars an acre, built a half dugout, and established a general store and post office. When the county was organized, the dugout was a polling place. Continued

3 comments:

  1. First off I want to say awesome blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like
    to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your
    mind prior to writing. I've had trouble clearing my mind in getting my ideas out
    there. I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15
    minutes are wasted just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any suggestions or tips? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the things here are somebody else's writing, the source being in parentheses at the beginning of the post. However, when I do write, I usually compose a rough draft in my head over a day or two, and then write it out. Don't worry about beginning, just start, you can always revise it later.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing to pay a visit this web page and reading the views of all mates regarding this article, while I am also keen of getting familiarity.

    ReplyDelete